It’s true what they say,
we always hurt the ones we love
and love the ones who hurt us.
We can quote Bukowski as much as we want,
but we need to realize the severity of his words.
“Find what you love and let it kill you.”
Love is a death sentence.
It is a sweet one, but in love’s very nature it is a death sentence nonetheless.
You will search the world for someone whose favorite book is The Picture of Dorian Gray
and who worships the same 1953 Hepburn film
and inhales dark coffee in the way that you do.
But you will end up settling for someone who has skimmed the back cover biography of Wilde
and who remembers when and where Audrey was born
and drinks java from a little coffee shop that you think is pretentious.
Yet there will be a time when you will find someone that you can’t live without
and you will be shell-shocked when you see that they can breathe air through their lungs
and eat the spicy food that you don’t like
and sleep with the window cracked just a little bit
all without you.
You will hate yourself more than anyone for letting yourself need someone as much as you need that one person,
who doesn’t even know that when you say you only take two sugars in your coffee,
you actually mean four, sometimes five.
You will ignore their pleas and roll your eyes at their petty compromises.
You will make them miserable because you love them more than they love you.
And they will stick around because they feel guilty for that very reason.
You will salt their wounds and ice their veins.
They will leave you on the side of the road and try their best to hate you.
You will both recognize that it is a valiant yet fruitless effort.
The line between hate and love is so slight that a feeling can change like a compass.
Love is hate and hate is love.
So you will grow to tolerate their lack of literary prowess
and enlighten them on what you actually mean when you say two sugars.
Most times everything will feel off and never quite the way you had expected,
and you’ll always wonder if you have ever really been happy,
and if this is actually how love feels.
When this happens, you must remind yourself that love is a complicated emotion.
It is in the tide of the sea
and the phases of the moon
and sometimes found in a frightening trek down Memory Lane.
You can find it in the face of every person that you have ever met
and sometimes it does not grace those pretty faces for very long at all.
The most truthful and sad part of it all is that it will eventually kill you.
But it is a death sentence at it’s finest.
#two sugars #audrey hepburn #charles bukowski #find what you love and let it kill you #love #the picture of dorian gray #oscar wilde #sea #moon #coffee #seaofsarcasm
- seaofsarcasm reblogged this from poulpesdhiver
- poulpesdhiver reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- idontlikeumuchanymore likes this
- yorokusaki likes this
- enchalupa likes this
- queenfag likes this
- kp34dd likes this
- tiger9227 likes this
- accurry likes this
- veronica0 reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- everythingfortheroad likes this
- sallythesoap reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- cellophaneelephants likes this
- dreadie reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- threeowls reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- snooze4ever likes this
- doctorwhorcrux likes this
- junelluu likes this
- letsfucktillthesuncomesup-xo likes this
- pmlcstr reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- urfatcozihateyou reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- oumaimette likes this
- kimmef reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- kimmef likes this
- girlusdorkus likes this
- skaffy reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- ilalaloveyou reblogged this from la-douleur-exquise
- meowitsmarkie reblogged this from abetterbrenna
- clothestootight likes this
- la-douleur-exquise reblogged this from mihuo
- two--drifters likes this
- raselasedborealis likes this
- sadcat likes this
- shelookedlikejuliet likes this
- blindlysailing reblogged this from abetterbrenna
- blindlysailing likes this
- plumkitten reblogged this from sapiofile
- plumkitten likes this
- sapiofile reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- everymansmolly reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- apple-lisa reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- oneupemall likes this
- songsintostories likes this
- you0ughtaknow reblogged this from seaofsarcasm
- i-had-lost-my-mind likes this
- laurenblairmoser likes this
- thequeenofapathy likes this